A Roofing Contractor’s Tips for Prepping Your Roof for Summer
Ah, summer. Gorgeous sunshine and long-anticipated vacations are right around the corner, Most of us are ready for a much-needed break from the normal rhythm of life. It is also a great time to contact your local roofing contractors about roof maintenance or roof replacement. Here are a few expert tips to make sure your roof is summer ready.
Expert Roof Tips for Summer
While a professional inspection is the absolute best way to ensure that your roof is ready for summer heat, there are a few things you can do yourself.
- Spend time evaluating your roof for signs of damage. You don’t need to get on the roof to do this – you can actually see a lot from the ground! If you spot ripped or broken shingles, exposed nails, piles of branches or debris, or any other signs of damage, you should call a roofing contractor to come patch things up.
- Make sure your gutters aren’t congested with debris. Leafs, sticks and other obstructions find their way into our gutters throughout the year, and they can lead to mold growth or pest infestation in the gutters if they aren’t taken care of. Consistently cleaning your gutters will prevent unforeseen problems from popping up.
- Pay attention to cooling bills. If you spot a sharp incline in your cooling bills, there is a chance your roofing system may be due for an upgrade. An old or damaged roof will let heat into the home and cause a spike in energy costs – not to mention uncomfortable temperatures within the home.
- Clean your air conditioner unit. While air quality may not appear to influence the condition of your roof, it actually places an important role. A properly working HVAC system will control humidity within the home and prevent mold-causing moisture from accumulating. Keeping your air conditioning unit clean will help keep your roof system in tip-top shape, too.
- Look into aluminum coating. This summer ready coating can be applied to the top of your roof to prevent harmful UV rays from causing damage. UV rays will bounce right off, and your roof will have increased longevity!
Roofing Contractors in El Paso
Summer is a great time to catch up with friends and family and to catch up on those books we have been meaning to finish, but it also is the ideal time to catch up on those outdoor projects. Before you worry about trying to add another item to your summer to-do list, however, consider contacting an experienced roofing contractor. The roofing contractors at Alamo Roofing are ready to take on your roof-related projects so that you don’t have to. We are currently gearing up for the busy summer months, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!